Online Learning Course.
CTO Council offers courses that will target the skill areas you need to excel. More than 50 leading experts teach the future of finance at CTO Council. From Fintech, Artificial Intelligence and BigTech, to Open Banking and Digital Payments, gain experience from those transforming the industry today and sharpen your skill from anywhere around the world.
The revolution in digital money is now changing as cryptocurrency is beginning to reshape the way people spend, borrow, and save. Cryptocurrency is a growing ecosystem that has slowly been making headways into the world’s traditional financial systems as both private and public sectors are accepting the idea of adopting cryptocurrencies in their financial dealings such as making payments, as an investment, etc.
The development of the first cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, as well as thousands of other cryptocurrencies have changed the definition of money whilst providing an alternative financial service, allowing crypto businesses to move into traditional banking territory.
Alternative banking services crypto businesses offer
Investors can earn interest on their holdings of digital currencies, which is a lot more than they could earn on cash deposits in a bank; as well as being able to borrow with crypto as collateral to back a loan. More so, crypto loans doesn’t involve credit checks as their transactions are backed by digital assets.
* Reducing corruption: Cryptocurrency aims to resolve the issue of absolute power by distributing power among many people or among all the members of the network. As this is the key idea behind blockchain technology.
* Giving people charge of their own money: With traditional cash, you’re giving away all your control to central bank and the government; keeping in mind that the government can simply freeze your bank account or deny you access to your funds. Whereas, with Cryptocurrency, only you can access your funds.
* Serving the unbanked: A large portion of the world’s population have no or limited access to payment systems like banks. Cryptocurrency aims to resolve this issue by spreading digital commerce around the globe to enable anyone with a mobile phone to start making and receiving payments online.
* Easy Payment: It can be used to make transactions such as buying and receiving of goods or services without requiring a trusted third party to complete the transaction.
Artificial intelligence (AI) refers to computer systems that performs human-like tasks. It’s basically a system that creates a neural network that can intake large quantities of data and, on its own, build algorithms that help it determine the right way to perform a task.
Artificial intelligence in finance has transformed the way we interact with money as it is helping the financial industry streamline and optimize processes ranging from credit decisions to quantitative trading and risk management.
Tax authorities and tax advisors are beginning to explore the potentials of deploying sophisticated data analytics and AI in tax to facilitate compliance and assist professionals as well as their clients with commonly encountered questions thus, changing the changing tax landscape.
In financial auditing, Artificial intelligence in can be used to identify potential tax fraud cases. It often helps find subtle clues hidden in mounds of data that are sometimes missed or overlooked by auditors. For example, European countries have been using these technologies to detect fraud, as well in Denmark where tax officials have been able to identify an estimated 60 out of 100 cases of tax fraud using advanced technologies.
1. Artificial intelligence can help identify possible deductions and tax credits: Artificial intelligence is suited for tasks that require a deep analysis of the Internal Revenue Code (the “tax code”) as most organizations find it challenging to remain compliant or reduce their tax liabilities. More so, artificial intelligence application have an in-depth understanding of the tax code and thus, can stay on top of yearly changes. As a result, it’s easier for tax practitioners to identify key areas for possible savings.
2. Credit Decisions: A recent study showed that 77% of consumers preferred paying with a debit or credit card while only 12% preferred paying with cash. Easier payment options, having good credit aids in receiving favorable financing options, landing jobs, renting an apartment, etc are just some of the reasons the availability of credit is important to consumers. With several of life’s important necessities depending on credit history, the approval process for loans and cards is more important than ever. Artificial intelligence solutions are now helping banks and credit lenders make smarter underwriting decisions by utilizing a variety of factors that more accurately assess traditionally underserved borrowers in the credit decision making process.
3. To compare pricing structures for more accurate transfer pricing: For organizations that operate internationally, transfer pricing involves comparing different pricing structures and identifying similar transactions for purposes in order to ensure fairness in global operations. Artificial intelligence can help simplify that comparison process by automating the task, compared to having members of the tax team manually search databases for companies that operate in a similar manner, with similar pricing structures.
Financial regulation refers to the rules and laws firms operating in the financial industry must follow. These financial regulation is also about the ongoing oversight and enforcement of these rules. For example, The Central Bank of Ireland regulates and supervises over 10,000 financial service providers operating in the country.
Federal and state governments have a large number of agencies put in place to regulate and oversee the financial market and companies, and each agency has a specific range of duties and responsibilities that enables them to act independently of each other while they work to accomplish similar objectives.
Everyone depends on the financial system in one way or another. For example, businesses need to be able to take loan to maintain and expand their business.
Poorly regulated financial institutions can undermine the stability of the financial system, harm consumers, and damage the prospects for the economy. As such, strong financial regulation is important in order to to put rules in place to stop things from going wrong, as well as to protect the wider financial system and the consumers if they do go wrong. Financial regulations also protect consumers from financial fraud such as unethical mortgages, credit cards, and other financial products. More so, effective government regulation prevents companies from taking excessive risks.
Why Chief Technology Officers Council? We provide a community of visionary technology leaders empowering every learner to achieve their unique potential in a changing world. We provide you with the knowledge, funding, and professional development you’ll need to create and grow in the world of business.
Chief Technology Officers Council offers industry-recognized courses that ensures continued business growth, and gives you the skills and knowledge you’ll need to keep up with the changing world of technology. We provide you with everything you need to help you achieve your objectives.
CTOC’s community connects outstanding financial professionals from the best institutions across the world. Gain access to an international network and push your career to the next level.
Digital Transformation starts with people. Our leading training programmes help dozens of financial institutions and governments to drive impact at scale. Help your talent gain skills to join the digital transformation of finance today.
Kickstart your Fintech knowledge with our free masterclasses, insightful blogs, industry research and academic papers to grasp what’s at stake today.